POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Giving back to the group in shades : Re: Giving back to the group in shades Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Giving back to the group in shades
From: fls13
Date: 19 Jul 2009 12:45:00
Message: <web.4a634d6742435b22234595d50@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Ode to the Future
>
> Clearly the clouds in my coffee/planet/tea foretell the future
> They're coming to get us, ho ho, ha ha, he he
> This vast hemoglobin feeding ground for sure
> Reclaimed for the dark empire's greed
>
> They haven't technology to save the moms
> And defend against
> The time and space distorting gravity bombs
> Sadly as of yet
>
> If they did, would reality remain intact
> Only room for one dark overlord in fact
>
> Here's the "Where's Waldo" image, actually Waldo and one of his clones. Can you
> tell which one is the clone?

Here's an Earth shot I did recently. I did a lot of color correction on the
texture map to make the features match up better with actual photos taken from
space. For this pic, I placed a sphere within a sphere and subdivided both
pretty heavily, then applied a displacement map for the cloud level and the
Earth level to add some ruddiness. Not perfect, but not obviously CGI either.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'earth_pov_scene.jpg' (46 KB)

Preview of image 'earth_pov_scene.jpg'