POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Giving back to the group in shades : Re: Giving back to the group in shades Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Giving back to the group in shades
From: clipka
Date: 17 Jul 2009 17:25:00
Message: <web.4a60ebe742435b22ee20e5f50@news.povray.org>
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:06:41 -0400, alphaQuad wrote:
>
> > There's a blue pill that will delete the current programming from your
> > head and allow you to think for yourself.
>
> Note that this "blue pill" contains fluoride.

Last time I heard people talk like that, I ultimately found out they were as
blind as everyone else. Not knowing what they were actually talking about, they
had found *something*, and in their excitment called it *the light*.

Me included. A hard lesson to learn, to be so convinced yet so mistaken.

They (well, we), too, were fond of that "blue pill" imagery.

Right now about the only thing I do know for sure is that I'm still far from
"the light". Just like probably everyone else. Alpha included, that's for sure.
Been there, seen it, done that. Alpha may wake up some day, too.

I see truth in some of what he's proclaiming, but he doesn't grasp its real
meaning, obviously. Not yet. When he does, he'll realize all he had been
swallowing and advertising were placebos. (Figuratively speaking - not talking
about his real-world medication here.)