POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Giving back to the group in shades : Re: Giving back to the group in shades Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Giving back to the group in shades
From: alphaQuad
Date: 15 Jul 2009 14:25:01
Message: <web.4a5e1dda42435b22244a3a50@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Get some better starfield (upon close inspection, you can tell it's a snapshot
> from a screensaver). A MUCH better one. Add some subtle lens flares.

Enlarged stars for the impaired:

#declare StarSz = 22;              // 0-30 size [10] 0=off
#include "Flam_Bayer.inc"
#declare FlareStars = 50;           // 0-100 percent
#declare GlowStars = 70;              // 0-100 percent
#declare BackStars = 0;             // 0 or 1 off/on
#declare StarLabels = 0;            // 0-100 percent

#declare MessLabels = 0;            // 0 or 1 off/on
#declare SpiralMess = 0.40;         //  0-1 size  [.25]

Copy lands with a loud thud and a random 4-7 flare count

Toady clueless assumption filed under useless screensavers

Maybe I just turned up that screensaver's star scale and recapped, I mean
there's no code to prove it, or is there? Not when those mouthing off are
allergic to clicking links and investigating the topic.

Glow and flare ratio is still a variable in development, not thought about for a
year or more.

Most recently noticed glow size of the sun inconsistent with visual lunar radius
from earth, that is why it is now more accurately sized here in this shot,
because it has been changed; there always seems to another thing to do.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pld_marsc03.png' (550 KB)

Preview of image 'pld_marsc03.png'