POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Giving back to the group in shades : Re: Giving back to the group in shades Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Giving back to the group in shades
From: clipka
Date: 14 Jul 2009 14:45:00
Message: <web.4a5cd17442435b225fee4dc70@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> I don't really get who has and has not shades, but there's another view everyone
> may be missing ...

As it happens, just when I complained I didn't have anaglyph shades, my favorite
computer magazine published an issue about 3D (computer stereo imagery, not
rendering) including one of those. (They do fit over my regular glasses
comparatively well.)

Though I must say that I consider the cyan filter crap. The red filter does
deserve its name, letting nothing pass except red indeed, but the cyan filter
still lets me see the whole picture, just reducing the red component a bit.

Ah well, after all it's a marketing give-away sponsored by a web hosting
company, so no big surprise it's cheapo.