POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First POVray project . : First POVray project . Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:59 EDT (-0400)
  First POVray project .
From: apophis13
Date: 14 Jul 2009 13:40:02
Message: <web.4a5cc24179422b61f900aaf90@news.povray.org>
Hello, I'm a high school student taking a three-week course on POVray
programming this summer at City College in NYC. my first project was to create
an image of an office with four tables and various objects on the tables using
commands such as prism, lathe, sor and sphere_sweep. It is attached to this
post. I was just wondering If i could get some feedback on my first POVray
creation. It's a messy office with books strewn all over the table (I wanted to
practice my translating and rotating skills) and a cool blue glass vase.

also, how would I make the chair's seat more rounded and comfortable-looking.
i.e. how to make boxes more rounded at the edges, not pointy.

also, how would one go about making more realistic books? perhaps I could import
images for use as textures to put covers on the books. how do you do this?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'office.png' (1897 KB)

Preview of image 'office.png'