POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Hover Racer : Re: WIP - Hover Racer Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Hover Racer
From: Reactor
Date: 13 Jul 2009 15:35:00
Message: <web.4a5b8b923b17c0693e16a930@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
> > Very nice. Can't wait to see the final; very detailed. I see quite a few
> > triangulation artifacts - presumably they'll be subdivided away at a later
> > stage?
>
>   He should try double_illuminate first. That should take care of most
> of the artifacts, at no cost.

You know, I haven't tried that yet.  I do remember reading about that as a
possible stopgap for shadow line artifacts, and the idea of it looking better
without further subdivision is very attractive (though there are some parts
that really do need subdivision, particularly the canopy when you get up close
to it).

The mesh is already at the 1.5 Mb mark, and this view doesn't have the chair or
the basic instruments I've made.  Of course, many of those are being converted
to POV primitives, and the level of detail parameter will let the user decide
what will be visible, but still.

-Reactor