POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Hover Racer : Re: WIP - Hover Racer Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Hover Racer
From: Reactor
Date: 13 Jul 2009 15:20:00
Message: <web.4a5b87bf3b17c0693e16a930@news.povray.org>
> "Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Work in progress shot of a model
>
> Very nice. Can't wait to see the final; very detailed. I see quite a few
> triangulation artifacts - presumably they'll be subdivided away at a later
> stage?
>
> Bill

It depends, actually.  Because of the size of the mesh, I was thinking of making
a level of detail parameter that would select and load the appropriate mesh.
For close shots like this, one that is subdivided would be preferred.  For more
distant shots (especially when it is in motion), the lower resolution mesh might
be enough.

-Reactor