POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the Johnson solids : the Johnson solids Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  the Johnson solids
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 12 Jul 2009 16:00:01
Message: <web.4a5a3f1e91c52d6cf6ec10440@news.povray.org>
So, the next batch of polyhedra. This little lot are the Johnson solids,
basically all the convex polyhedra composed only of regular polygons, that
aren't either Platonic or Archimedean solids. There's 92 of them, so I thought
the best way to show them off equally was another overhead view, in a spiral
pattern this time. Rather than use the glass again, I thought I'd go for a
polished stone look... mostly successful, I think.

(took 140 hours to render at 2000x2000 - eek!)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'johnson_solids.jpg' (404 KB)