POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code : Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code Server Time
2 May 2024 05:46:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code
From: clipka
Date: 10 Jul 2009 19:50:00
Message: <web.4a57d345be3ef4544f4a5670@news.povray.org>
> That's closer. When the structures of the program code itself are
> manipulable from inside the program, that's metaprogramming. When a language
> (like C) makes it harder to metaprogram than to just brute-force the code
> you want to implement, you're lacking something.

Sure. But without OO concepts embedded in the "metaprogrammed" language, your
choice of metaprogramming patterns is probably limited to code generation. For
more generic manipulation you need a generic manipulation interface - which is
an example of polymorphism, one of the key paradigms of OOP.

So what you consider metaprogramming, I'd consider "OOP deluxe" :)

(Um... sorry for hijacking this topic :})