POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code : Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code Server Time
16 May 2024 23:03:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code
From: clipka
Date: 8 Jul 2009 22:45:00
Message: <web.4a555979be3ef457a70716b0@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
> "David H. Burns" <dhb### [at] cherokeetelnet> wrote:
> > I assume you mean "F*** you David".Don't be afraid to say what you mean.
> > Or better still if you can't make a rational reply, don't say anything.
> >
> > It looks like this thread is dead, probably I never should have started it.
> > Thanks to all who tried to help.
> >
> > David
> >

> > It doesn't look like I'm

BTW, "FUD" - at least in this context - has most likely nothing to do with The
F-Word, and I'd instead take it as the acronym for "Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt"
- a buzzword for an alleged(*) systematic Microsoft stategy to try keep
customers away from competitors' products by invoking a sufficient deal of
"FUD" about them, to make them think they're on the safer side with MS
products. In this context "Microsoft rules them all, so I'd better stick with
Microsoft myself" would be just about the self-fulfilling prophecy Microsoft
would want their customers to believe.

(* I refuse to make a statement here whether that allegation is true or false. I
personally believe it is true, but have no intention of convincing others to
agree.)