POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV files in MyDocuments folder. : Re: POV files in MyDocuments folder. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 13:44:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV files in MyDocuments folder.
From: Micheus
Date: 8 Jul 2009 03:40:00
Message: <web.4a5444d251c1052e75f7f8dc0@news.povray.org>
> Yes, at least for 3.7b. The installer doesn't yet have
> full support for multi-user installations (which would
> require to initialize the documents for each user when he
> first starts the program, as many apps do). I didn't yet
> try 3.6.2 if that also uses the new install mechanism.

Christian, I think that Yes. This version is using a "msiexec" application
diferent of previos version (if I remember), although it has not been mentioned
in the "changes.txt" file.

The main programs and help are installed at any path that I want (suggested is:
<programfiles>\POV-Ray for Windows v3.62\). But, I see the others installed
files at this folders ...
\ini
\include
\Insert Menu
\scenes (POV samples - input. We can discard them)
...... like a part of the POV-Ray - not personal files - without them no user can
run POV (full).

(Maybe) Custom settings could be placed at user folders and configured like
alternative path - as used at this part of "pvengine.ini" file:
[Permitted Input Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%
2=%PROFILEDIR%
3=%FONTDIR%