POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Giving back to the group in shades : Re: Giving back to the group in shades Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Giving back to the group in shades
From: alphaQuad
Date: 6 Jul 2009 22:20:01
Message: <web.4a52b05942435b22ac50eadd0@news.povray.org>
> alphaQuad wrote:
> > several moons can be found after dawning the shades
>
> Now *that* is a fun idea.
>
> --
>    Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    Insanity is a small city on the western
>    border of the State of Mind.

Using colors from from:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.48063659dc4061a69c16cbf80%40news.povray.org%3E/pacific2
.jpg
as a target appearance, did some tweeking:

cloud norms
cloud brilliance to .6 (after learning 40=gone)
ocean color adjust
altitude adjust to match

I also determined that someone at around 3000 miles altitude with a 40 degree
lens took that picture.

This earth girl's atmo can't be seen very well in anaglyph so I posted her JPEGs
here: http://home.earthlink.net/~povraytrace/

Here's my version of "Where's Waldo":
Alien Landing Strip
Earth Girl