POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ivy Generator : Re: Ivy Generator Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:39:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ivy Generator
From: hobBIT
Date: 3 Jul 2009 13:10:01
Message: <web.4a4e3066e71b54f128c001c10@news.povray.org>
> hobBIT wrote:
>
> > last week I started to write a little ivy generator
>
> Looks great!
>
>  > Please leave comments on how to increase realism
>
> In the tower image, it looks like a large curved section
> near the bottom is too distant from the wall to be attached?
>
> Also, there is a lot of ivy on top of the objects while the
> walls are more thinly covered. I'm no expert on ivy but this
> seems a bit odd (but probably it just needs more starting
> points to cover a wall).

Thanx !

The biggest problem with my generator is the fact it is nearly uncontrollable, a
can weight the growing direction using random, last direction up and down
vectors, twig len and thickness, chance to split and last but not least the
seed base. Every little change results in a totally different "grow". I think,
some adjustments to these parameters will bring a better ivy :) ... Distant
wall<->ivy, you are right, I will make this controllable by 2 new parameters :)