POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser Character WIP : Re: Poser Character WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Character WIP
From: clipka
Date: 1 Jul 2009 13:30:01
Message: <web.4a4b9c58d5d80e045def94260@news.povray.org>
"ChrisH" <lho### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Something I've noticed using a LCD screen versus my old CRT screen - the
> brightness of the image varies depending on my position relative to the screen
> with the LCD screen. This is a real pain trying to get a consistent brightness
> from one render to the next.

That's not POV-Ray's fault :)

But yes, it's a common effect with LCDs, and virtually inevitable. I guess it's
less prominent with newer or more costly panels, but even then it cannot be
eliminated completely.

OLEDs should perform a lot better in this respect. As soon as the "pigment"
lifetime issues are solved.

Alternatively, get a beamer :)