POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More polyhedra : Re: More polyhedra Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More polyhedra
From: Simone
Date: 25 Jun 2009 18:50:00
Message: <web.4a43fed6d12045c44f9d72ce0@news.povray.org>
> Bit quiet on p.b.i. at the moment, so here's some shiny things.

Very, very beautiful! Especially the lighting and the colored shadows. I tried
something similar with a simple glass sphere and photons a few weeks ago, but
the shadow was much too dark. Maybe the "count" was too low. I'm not so
experienced with glass like objects, because I have frustrating results most of
the time and therefore don't really dare to raytrace them often ...
But now with this proof, that they can look really good, I will try again
sometime in the future.

> These are the Platonic, Archimedean and Catalan solids. How many can you name
> without resorting to wikipedia or wolfram? :-)

.... dodecahedron, icosahedron ... uhm ...