POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Illegal Entry? (IRTC related) : Re: Illegal Entry? (IRTC related) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal Entry? (IRTC related)
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2009 15:15:00
Message: <web.4a3d34b28f017c6b1d5d3f0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> clipka wrote:
> > If the number of rules-related newsgroup postings are indicative of the
> > atmosphere to be expected at the IRTC, with rules being *that* much important
> > to the participants, then I guess I'll very much prefer to have some fun at the
> > TC-RTC.
>
>   So you are going to boycott the IRTC because of some weird principles?

You didn't understand a word of what I was writing.

It's not the weird principles I'm worried about. It's the amount of attention
they get, which indicates that people seem to be heading towards putting more
emphasis on those principles than on common sense. I honestly don't give a pair
of dingo's kidneys about what the rules will ultimately be - all I care about is
whether the atmosphere will be dominated by common sense or by nitpicking.

In a common sense atmosphere, even the weirdest rules will be ok because common
sense allows them to be ignored for good. While in a nitpicking atmosphere, the
best rules will be misused, tweaked and... well, nitpicked about.

Nor do I have any plans of "boycotting" the IRTC: That would imply staying away
with the intention to exert pressure. While instead all I'd do would be opting
for the "leave it" part of "take it or leave it".