POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Illegal Entry? (IRTC related) : Re: Illegal Entry? (IRTC related) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal Entry? (IRTC related)
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2009 00:40:00
Message: <web.4a3c66e48f017c6b65778f220@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> Yeah you're right, I phrased that really badly :)

I don't know about others, but the point *I* am trying to make is not that you
phrased it badly - but that it's virtually *impossible* to phrase properly.

I see many people here trying to conjure up a waterproof and airtight precise
ruling, which I think doesn't exist at all - while any attempt to come up with
a common-sense based approach is countered with some nitpicking.

Well, if that's where the IRTC is going to go, then I'll not stop it. But I
won't go for wars about petty rule details where I think common sense paired
with some mutual tolerance should do the job. *Perfect* justice is nowhere to
be had anyway.

If the number of rules-related newsgroup postings are indicative of the
atmosphere to be expected at the IRTC, with rules being *that* much important
to the participants, then I guess I'll very much prefer to have some fun at the
TC-RTC.