POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minimum Entry Requirements : Re: Minimum Entry Requirements Server Time
17 May 2024 05:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Entry Requirements
From: Hildur K
Date: 18 Jun 2009 07:35:01
Message: <web.4a3a263064396b4f421830f90@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> > no external data files, no image maps, no multipass renders, and
> > of course absolutely no post-processing except jpg conversion.
> > Source code would be mandatory for purist images and the highest
> > ranking purist image gets an honorable mention ;)
>
> Yeah, but bloody likely nothing more than that :P

Couple of days ago I took a quick took: the top 10 winners of the IRTC used
various tools to generate their images in their many submissions. Here is a
list of the main software used by these successful participants (macros are not
listed here).

Povray
BMRT
3ds Max
Mental Ray
Arboretum Forester
Blender
MakeHuman
Plant Studio
Megapov
mlPov
Hamapatch
Leveller
Poser
Amapi
Autocad
Texture Magic
Terragen
Win 3d
Crossroads
Wings 3D
Rhino 3D
Spatch
Paintshop Pro
DazStudio
Photoshop
World Machine
3d studio
Moray
Illustrator
bCad
Gforge
Blob Sculptor
HF-Lab
ZBrush
The Gimp
UniMegaPov
Poseray
Xfrog
Tree Professional
Quick 3D
Clothray
Corel Photo Paint
Corel Draw
PovMan
RibTickler
Picture Publisher
Pov tree
UV mapper
Meshcomp
Arbaro
Kwrite

I only checked ten people, there is probably much more.

Hildur