POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Michael Hunter
Date: 11 Jun 2009 13:25:01
Message: <web.4a313d0c2f2043cdd7fbc1230@news.povray.org>

more directed to what constitutes an acceptable entry not how submissions
should be judged.

If the regulations are too restricting we will most certainly loose the
opportunity to learn from advanced users as well as limit the creative range of
everyone.

I believe the rules were forged in a time when 3D was new and not very well
developed. There are three areas that have developed beyond our wildest dreams:

ways of working with 3D. Why should it be illegal to glue together side by side
two renderings like a before and after? Why should text be banned except when it

point is we stand to miss out if we are not receptive to all forms 3D comes in.

Please note that the examples I have given above can be done in ANY 3D
application and on any PC (or Mac or Unix or Linex) capable of rendering. Also

the lord and master of your work. And every school of thought I think should be
equally welcomed.

Trying to create a level playing field for voting purposes, as noble and yet

explain why I think this is an impossible goal but in a different thread.