POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:39:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Hildur K
Date: 10 Jun 2009 15:10:00
Message: <web.4a3004ab2f2043cd421830f90@news.povray.org>

to squeeze more out of their software and hardware. And why spend three weeks
waiting on a render if you can do something to speed up things?

Povers never seem to tire of waiting, even brag about it, when in reality they

Some otherwise slow effects can easily be achieved with post processing. Like
focal blur for instance. It slows down render dramatically. I admit I never
used it in Povray because it takes too long.

more important to be able to render in passes and assemble in another program,
to make even more impressive images in Povray.

In reality I can render an image in passes and assemble it in another software,
and nobody would ever know the difference. So why make rules which can easily

on several occasions and people have gotten away with it.

Not me though, I always followed the rules of course :-) ,but I can think of
several ways of "cheating" without being caught. So can anybody else.