POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pausing processes between reboots : Re: Pausing processes between reboots Server Time
14 Jun 2024 22:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pausing processes between reboots
From: Valerij Rozouvan
Date: 8 Jun 2009 13:30:00
Message: <web.4a2d4a67800c7d14a2a0fe60@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> HOLY MOLY!
> Any pixel effects you're still seeing in your printout (or whatever you do with
> the output) are definitely due to the low resolution, not a lack of
> anti-aliasing - so maybe you want get those settings back to decent levels
> (Antialias_Depth=3 and Antialias_Threshold=0.1 should perfectly suffice for
> your scene), and double or quadruple your resolution instead.
>
> I promise, you'll be more than happy with the results - and you won't have to
> wait for ages. Maybe 16 hours for a 3200*2400 pixels render. Which you'll be
> perfectly able to abort and then continue later.

Thank you a lot! It took me just over 5 hours to render with Antialias_Depth=3,
Antialias_Threshold=0.1, 3200*2400.

The result, if anyone cares, I uploaded here:
http://www.freewebs.com/rozouvan/img/cube_of_spheres.png.Welsh.800x600.jpeg

Thanks all,
Valerij Rozouvan

http://www.freewebs.com/rozouvan/