POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Localized damage to planes and edges : Re: Localized damage to planes and edges Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Localized damage to planes and edges
From: Eriban
Date: 7 Jun 2009 17:45:00
Message: <web.4a2c34764da08f7081475b100@news.povray.org>
When I increased the number of triangles in the mesh (to see to what extend this
improved the visual appearance) some sampling artifacts showed up. In response
to that I improved the samping method that is used to calculate the erosion,
and also improved the calculation of the normal vectors for the points that had
erosion applied to them (only for the DamagedPlane macro; I have yet to adapt
the DamagedEdge macro). Attached is an image showing the improved results. It's
definitely looking better now. :-)

Erwin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'damagestepbystep2.png' (206 KB)

Preview of image 'damagestepbystep2.png'
damagestepbystep2.png