POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rope Macro : Re: Rope Macro Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rope Macro
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Jun 2009 04:20:00
Message: <web.4a2631e799a5bfb66dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Whoops, sorry for late reply, got caught up with HDRs :)

"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> >
> > ... can you handle e.g. coiling automatically?

> I've added a bit more into the spiral macro. What d'you have in mind by
> coiling 'automatically'?

I meant 'loose' coiling, where the rope can pile up on itself, or a hanging
loose coil (hooked over something, for example). I realise these are
non-trivial, I expect people can model this manually given your tools - just
wondered, that was all! :-)

This is a great macro, keep it up!