POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question for you math wizards : Re: Question for you math wizards Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question for you math wizards
From: alphaQuad
Date: 29 May 2009 13:35:01
Message: <web.4a201be6ef1ecffb102049980@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Recently I started working on reproducing the Dokken logo with POV-Ray. It's a
> little difficult because the corners are rounded and the top is beveled
> (rounded over). So far I've figured out how to round off and bevel all the
> straight edges but I'm having trouble beveling the curved parts of the "D,"
> "k," and "n." Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what type of objects
> to use and how to make those beveled curves? So far everything is CSG, which is
> what I'd like to use.
>
> The attached picture shows my progress so far.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston

This is what I've been working on recently. Apply a bezier curve to that edge
and have some control of the curve AND the face.

Idea for the 3rd version just hit me. The first 2 connected paths from perimeter
up and down the backbone...

so now just need a scaled perimeter, range a function zero to end of that scaled
path (make quad edges) and fill face with 1st method ... all of this then
writtten to a meshfile

thanks for the idea, it will be at the site when done