POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Deja-Vu : Re: Deja-Vu Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deja-Vu
From: alphaQuad
Date: 29 May 2009 02:25:00
Message: <web.4a1f7eb37a8ca8fc1369e86e0@news.povray.org>
> alphaQuad wrote:
> > 640 doesnt do it justice.
>
> Very surreal. :-)
>
> --
>    Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    There's no CD like OCD, there's no CD I knoooow!

Get this script. Why it hasn't been done before, I dont know.
Hardest part was gettin triangle def right.

I have dubbed the new evolution bezierPrismQ() for Quads.
Before was auto triangulation, increment if closer. This time it is linear
increment, requiring sweeps parameter to request a point ratio of a*2-1=b,
ending with a single triangle at the nose and all other faces being quads.

Even 'with' taking ten minutes to add up the norms, if you dont quad around the
object you get streaks of misaligned normals with triangles defined anywhere in
the domain of perimeter to backbone.

2 bezier paths to this:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: