POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question for you math wizards : Question for you math wizards Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Question for you math wizards
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 27 May 2009 07:20:01
Message: <web.4a1d20c5568b17e7ed14c4120@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

Recently I started working on reproducing the Dokken logo with POV-Ray. It's a
little difficult because the corners are rounded and the top is beveled
(rounded over). So far I've figured out how to round off and bevel all the
straight edges but I'm having trouble beveling the curved parts of the "D,"
"k," and "n." Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what type of objects
to use and how to make those beveled curves? So far everything is CSG, which is
what I'd like to use.

The attached picture shows my progress so far.

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: