POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV XRS sad news : Re: MegaPOV XRS sad news Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV XRS sad news
From: Sky Shields
Date: 22 May 2009 19:40:00
Message: <web.4a1736632b309955411521dd0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> what about installing the -dev part of ssl ?
> (libssl-dev in synaptic)

Thanks for the response!  I'm not sure how to do that, however . . .

> openssl is only binary, no include provided.

Hmm.  Yeah, I don't know what to do outside of the instructions in the openssl
install file -- I'm really quite new at this.  If it helps, here are the steps
it hung up on:

checking for OPENSSL_CFLAGS...
checking for OPENSSL_LIBS...
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: openssl library not found.

--Sky