POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : clock camera flyover : clock camera flyover Server Time
1 Jun 2024 12:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  clock camera flyover
From: maria
Date: 12 May 2009 03:35:00
Message: <web.4a09245bdb95e9243b0f69f50@news.povray.org>
Hello,
Thank you very much for your support provided to my questions.
At this stage I tried to understand how the clock variable is changing.

Attached is the code I was playing with, and the image is the same posted on
3May2009 subject: 'unit meaning' on Forum: POV-Ray Binary Files > images

I always try to move the camera, make a fly through the landscape.

Then I created another .pov file with the own .ini file and only make the next
modification on camera.
camera {
    location <0.005+clock, 0.010, 0.38+clock>
    look_at <0.62, 0.001, 0.79>
    angle  9
 }

..ini
Antialias=Off

Antialias_Threshold=0.2
Antialias_Depth=3
Input_File_Name=4dingle.pov

Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=48
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1

Width=1024
Height=768

Cyclic_Animation=on
Pause_when_Done=off

Commands on command prompt:
 povray +Iland.pov +Oland.png +D +P +W1000 +H800 +A
 povray land.ini

I created another different .pov file with the change on camera and the own .ini
file similar to previous one.
camera {
    location <0.005*clock, 0.010, 0.38*clock>
    look_at <0.62, 0.001, 0.79>
    angle  9
 }

The initial frame when I render the different files is not on the same location,
it is a little different, and I cannot figure out why this difference.
Which values is getting the variable clock?
The look_at does not have clock I understand that it is going to be always the
same value,
Does the camera should go towards the look_at location? because It looks like

Thank you,
Maria

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: