POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piggy! : Re: Piggy! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piggy!
From: mone
Date: 11 May 2009 21:50:00
Message: <web.4a08d56a527e51f4695fe9130@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This image took 225 hours to render. It's just a few blobs together. But the
> longest areas of rendering were at the connection of the ears to the body and
> the legs to the body. Also there's 5 iterations of the blurred reflection code.
> Would converting the blob to a mesh make the render faster?

225 hours?! Oh dear!
I don't know about the radiosity / mesh issue.
But I once noticed that one can save LOTS of time when doing focal blur with
really low quality settings  and antialiasing switched off and rendering the
image twice or three times as big as needed.  And then afterwards just resizing
it to a smaller size (twice or three times smaller) in a graphics program. That
can give much better results (and much quicker) than having high quality focal
blur settings while rendering.
I don't know if this is of any use in this case, though.