POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Farewell to the Master : Farewell to the Master Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Farewell to the Master
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 11 May 2009 14:20:01
Message: <web.4a086b2535710afeda29fa390@news.povray.org>
I've scarcely touched POV for months now, but the other day I was inspired to
try to render something and place it into an older photograph.

I saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still" the other day, and after reading about it,
I discovered the original film was based on the short story "Farewell to the
Master" which is available at
http://thenostalgialeague.com/olmag/bates-farewell-to-the-master.html.  It's
not a bad little story, and if you read it, this is my rendition of the day the
spaceship appears at the Smithsonian.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gnutcraft2.jpg' (575 KB)