POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : alien 'seed' sphere : Re: alien 'seed' sphere Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alien 'seed' sphere
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 May 2009 22:35:01
Message: <web.4a039923b320e2abf50167bc0@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Nice light!
> ;-)
> Paolo

Thanks. I do prefer rather 'unnatural' lighting in my scenes--more 'theatrical'
and colorful, with lots of shadows.

The sphere and its rotating lights were inspired by some imagery I saw years
ago, in an old Russian science-fiction film which I don't know the name of. It
had a spherical spacecraft hovering over a landscape, with a rotating 'band'
enclosing it. Very creepy! I wish I could find a DVD of that film...

Ken W.