POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB) : Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB)
From: Reactor
Date: 28 Apr 2009 02:55:00
Message: <web.49f6a717655615c860f82e3e0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

>    Now I don't know what you're talking about... marker lights? You mean
> placing lights to use the points later, or something like that?
>
> --
> Jaime

Sorry, yes, using lights and the 'position highlight' command to mark points of
rotation.  For a very simple model, one can often align the axis of rotation
with one of the cardinal axes and export that way, but for a very complex
object or an object that will incorporate POV-ray primitives, it can be very
helpful to know where a given point or shape is.

As Wings doesn't have a way to export a point or line primitive, I tend to use
light sources.

-Reactor