POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] The Blue Flower : Re: [WIP] The Blue Flower Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] The Blue Flower
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 27 Apr 2009 19:00:01
Message: <web.49f638c658b571d44726e92b0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Thematically I feel like the thought is there, the elements are orbiting
> around but haven't come together quite yet. Compositionally, the
> symmetry, with the ruin right in the center, perhaps calls for something
> more pared down and stark, or else the lushness wants for less symmetry?

> The strange coincedence of events around the cross with raven, for
> instance, leaving the tree behind seem to float.

I agree with Jim that this is a great start, but having the ruins dead-center
and flanked by the dead trees is a bit too symetrically boring. Moving the
camera (and therefore the ruins) off to one side would help the composition
greatly and would remove the unfortunate tangent of headstone->raven->dead
tree. Leading the eye compositionally is something that can really make or
break a piece.

Also, as others mentioned, more roughness to the dead tree and I'd like to see
some stone or brick work peering through the "stucco."

-Rob