POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB) : Re: Now with dents [Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput)] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now with dents [Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput)]
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 27 Apr 2009 18:50:00
Message: <web.49f6361c268a24754726e92b0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> The dents where done in Wings3d, using the random point selection to select
> 10% of the points, then moving them along the normal: one time to the inside
> and another to the outside. Both pics use the same technique, but 9c has
> more depth on the dents.

Very nice job, as usual, Jaime! I really like the dents, chipped paint, and
heavy rust, as well as the great (I'm assuming) proceduralized textures.

I'd maybe add a big dent in one or more corner(s) of the head box where some
careless child has dropped him many times (as they tend to do, especially when
battling Jedi knights or clone troopers or Klingons or...)

Cheers,
Rob :)