POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : A plea for sanity, and the current SDL : Re: A plea for sanity, and the current SDL Server Time
2 May 2024 13:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A plea for sanity, and the current SDL
From: triple r
Date: 21 Apr 2009 01:15:00
Message: <web.49ed563cf2b2a10063a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> Am I the only one who likes the current SDL (well, most of it)?  I think
> I've changed my opinion on this over time, as I used to be all for a
> brand new SDL with all kinds of programming features and blah blah blah...

Overall... no.  you're not the only one.  It's not perfect, but more often that
not, the things I come up with are limited by me rather than by the language.
A little more namespace rigor might make it easier to create macro libraries,
but that may also be my fault for not trying a little harder.

> 3) We need some way of examining and modifying previously declared objects.

Just curious--why?  Can you do it right in the first place?

 - Ricky