POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray : Re: Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:35:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Apr 2009 23:45:00
Message: <web.49ed40443073367cf50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Captain Tylor" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> Here's the camera set-up I was using:
>
> camera {
>   cylinder 4
>   location <0,0,-4>
>   right 2*x
>   up 4*y
>   look_at  <0,0,0>
>   angle 37.4
> }
>
> Since the horizontal perspective of the image is being provided by the lenses, I
> needed to use a camera that was orthagraphic in the horizontal direction and had
> perspective in the vertical direction.  The cylinder camera provided the
> solution I was after.

Hmm, I may be confused here. I guess there are TWO cameras involved--one for
making the 'print,' and one for looking at the final result.  (Do I have that
right?) Or actually three cameras--two for making the stereo pairs, and one for
viewing it. Is your cylindrical camera for 'making' the print(s), or for viewing
the final lenticular object in the animation?

KW