POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray : Re: Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray Server Time
17 Jun 2024 08:37:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Apr 2009 15:40:01
Message: <web.49eccf153073367cf50167bc0@news.povray.org>
That's just plain fascinating! What a great experiment to try. I've been
thinking lately of the lenticular process as well (although not in relation to
reproducing the effect *IN* POV-Ray--that never occurred to me!) An excellent
way to pre-visualize the technique. Thanks for the inspiration;

And since lenticular effects depend on the viewer-to-print distance, POV-Ray can
even be used to test *that*.

Question 1:
What camera 'angle' are you using that best matches our eyeballs?

Question 2:
What IOR are you using for the lenticular 'screen'?

Question 3:
Do such screens use 'cylinders' (half-cylinders?) for lenses, or triangular
prism-like shapes? I guess I need to bone up on the actual process; haven't
explored this in detail for a long time.

KW