POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray : Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:52:44 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray
From: Captain Tylor
Date: 19 Apr 2009 19:45:00
Message: <web.49ebb6b22f4af1965f2fc4ec0@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJDsju0pSqQ

I did this lenticular image in POV-Ray, but I didn't have any lenticular sheets
yet to print it out just yet. I was anxious to see what it might look like, so
I figured out a way of doing it virtually in POV-Ray. I took the image that was
to be my lenticular print out and applied it as a texture map on a square. Then
I put a model of an array of half-cylinder lenses in front of the square in
POV-Ray to "play back" the lenticular image. I wasn't sure if this would work,
but it did. When I get the sheets, I'll print it out for real.