POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Discover more to... IRTC and Cooliris : Re: Discover more to... IRTC and Cooliris Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Discover more to... IRTC and Cooliris
From: gregjohn
Date: 19 Apr 2009 08:15:00
Message: <web.49eb15815f097aef34d207310@news.povray.org>
"Carlo C." <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> My intention was to give a sprinkling of web2.0 to IRTC.
> My intention was to try *personal pleasure*(1) (perhaps amusement) to view
> images with Cooliris.

The one thing I'd strongly object to here is the use of "web 2.0" to mean
splashy bells and whistles and use of Flash.  Flickr could possibly be said to
be the first Web 2.0 site, at least in its first implementation.  Back when you
could "Blog This!" on a photo without worrying about getting sued, Flickr was
about user-generation and SHARING of content.  (Ham-fisted professional
photographers later invaded and sort of ruined the whole 2.0 thing.)

Making raytracing "Web 2.0" would have more to do with sharing of include files
like the povlib.