POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compilng the Beta 32 : Re: Compilng the Beta 32 Server Time
17 May 2024 13:45:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compilng the Beta 32
From: Ludwig Weinzierl
Date: 19 Apr 2009 04:30:00
Message: <web.49eae09cf0b3c8b53f11d4040@news.povray.org>
Hi Quietman,

I have installed Beta 32 successfully in ubuntu 8.10. In 9.04 it should be even
easier. Here is what I did.

First you need a current version of the boost library.
The configure script and the INSTALL file say >=1.35, but this is wrong.
1.35 does not work because it has no unordered_map.
This is the
"boost/unordered_map.hpp: No such file or directory"
error you get.
I have not tried 1.36 but it works with 1.37 which comes with ubuntu 9.04
anyway.

If you have ubuntu 9.04 go to synaptic and search for "boost".
Install everything with 1.37 in the name.

If you have ubuntu 8.10 you can temporarily enable the 9.04 package sources
for the installation. This is what I did.
To do this add the following apt line to the repositories in synaptic.
"deb http://archive.ubuntu.uasw.edu/ jaunty main multiverse universe".
But be careful with this:
Do not install anything else, except for boost, as long
as the  9.04 package source is active, unless you know what you are doing.

Second you need to supply configure with an additional argument telling it
the name of the boost thread library. In addition I prefer to install as
non-root in my home directory. If you don't like that, leave the --prefix part
out of the following command.

../configure COMPILED_BY="your name " --prefix=/home/yourname/usr
--with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt

make
make check
make install