POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : generic human model--stand-in or place-holder : Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Apr 2009 01:15:00
Message: <web.49e41affae5b6cf3f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > OK, don't laugh.
>
> I'm trying... *very* hard... >_<
>
> I have great respect for though; I'd probably have given up on the whole project
> at the "egg-headed alien" stage.

Yeah, I *knew* that head would difficult. Wasn't looking forward to that chore
at all. To get it looking reasonably OK might take as long as the rest of the
model combined! Ugh. By the time I finished this first iteration, I had been at
it non-stop for about four hours, bleary-eyed. (And I'm still trying to avoid
any CSG differencing, which is proving a real bugger.)

It's interesting: People are *so* used to looking at the head of a person, that
*any* deviation from normality *there* stands out like a sore thumb. More so
than legs or feet or whatnot. I have the GREATEST respect now for the ancient
Greek and Roman sculptors! Of course, if they were alive today, they would
probably use meshes, no question. :-P

KW