POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : generic human model--stand-in or place-holder : Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Apr 2009 17:30:00
Message: <web.49dfb919ae5b6cf3f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
-------------------------------------

> The feet at y=0 is a good positioning for any standing figure.

That makes sense to me, too.  But I've seen other 'human figure' programs that
seem to center the figure on the origin (I think that's how MakeHuman does it.)
But to me, having the feet at y=0 makes more sense.

> As for the scalling, scaling it in "actual" units, ether imperial or metric,
> seems maybe more usefull than 1 POV unit tall. Usualy, scenes where you use a
> human figure are scaled to real world units.

I didn't know that; interesting. The trouble is, should it be in meters or feet?
Most of the world uses metric units; but here in the 'States, we still use feet
and inches (mostly.)

> It it posable?

Well, kind of.  The trouble with my present code is that I never made the
individual parts with that idea in mind. So instead of the upper arm (for
example) rotating AT the shoulder, it may rotate from *somewhere else.*  That
needs fixing in the future. (It's not a quick fix--I would need to reposition
MANY of the parts, while trying to reproduce the same look of the figure.)

KW