POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: nemesis
Date: 10 Apr 2009 11:35:00
Message: <web.49df66705bdc6352bbbb20030@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> > Another example would be Back To The Future. Every single episode was cool.
>
>  True.

I have to say Back to the Future is just one movie.  Really.  I mean, it was as
economic to shoot the sequels as it was economic to shoot the whole Groundhog
Day movie, as most of the scenes are straight repetitions from previous scenes.
 Must be a consequence of time loops... :P

> > Similarly, Pirates of the Caribean. First one was great. Second one was
> > great. Third one was... hmm. It all kinda went a bit wrong, eh?
>
>  Didn't like the third. Liked the second when I saw it, but when I saw
> it again, it seemed silly. Not so for the first - worth watching more
> than once.

At first I hated the whole franchise.  Then, suddenly, it grew on me.  It's
good, solid entertainment, I guess.