POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
30 Sep 2024 01:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Apr 2009 15:30:01
Message: <web.49de4ba35bdc635269f956610@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Badly drawn my ass.  You just simply can't tell apart actors from CG doubles
> from the rendering itself.  It's the animation, when they start moving, that
> makes you clearly see that no human being would ever be able to move that way,
> and thus, spell FAKE all over it.  Rendering itself is top-notch.

Well, that fight was edited so snappily that you can't really spot shortcomings
in the animation. I recall that there are a couple of split seconds where Neo's
digital stuntman looks particularly flat and artificial. But yeah, I'd say most
of the time the CG was superb.

> Super punch?
>  Looks truly like Smith's face until it deforms beyond what the actor would take
> for any money whatsoever...

Haha, although that bit does annoy me for another reason - the slo-mo raindrops
are all long stringy blobs, not the perfect spheres they should be (yeah I
know, it's the matrix, it's coded differently to reality, yadda yadda ;-) )

> BTW, pointless or not and despite the overly hysterical finish, the sequels were
> quite good.  Here's my quick summary:
>
> Matrix > Reloaded > Revolutions

Hey, you just listed them in the order you saw them! Put some thought into it,
man! ;-) I do like the dock battle in the third film tho. And there's that
moment of poetic beauty when the ship breaks through the clouds on that
parabolic arc...