POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: nemesis
Date: 9 Apr 2009 14:40:01
Message: <web.49de3ff15bdc6352bbbb20030@news.povray.org>
> > Badly drawn my ass.  You just simply can't tell apart actors from CG doubles
> > from the rendering itself.
>
> Um... have you *seen* the fight scene? Some of the stuff in HalfLife 2
> is better rendered than that! :-P

That's exactly what I'm talking about, though you jest.

> > It's the animation, when they start moving, that
> > makes you clearly see that no human being would ever be able to move that way,
>
> Actually, I thought the movement was pretty much spot on. It's the odd
> lighting and the flat texturing that tears it.

I see no odd lighting other than the intended stylized green and blueish
photography.  I see no flat texturing, I mean: you can spot the digital
double's bumpy details on skin or cloth!

But then again, you think the movement of walking above lots of Smiths or
rolling to your back while swinging a pole is spot on...