POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing candles using SSLT (new in Beta 32) : Re: Glowing candles using SSLT (new in Beta 32) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing candles using SSLT (new in Beta 32)
From: MessyBlob
Date: 9 Apr 2009 07:40:00
Message: <web.49ddde664ac3547caddfbead0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "MessyBlob" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > About the 'dimming' at near-tangents, you might want to consider a 'conserve
> > energy'-type idea to manage the transition between diffuse and SSLT lighting on
> > the incident rays (if you haven't already!)
> I'm not sure what you're talking about.
A common problem on newsgroups!

Maybe I'm still of the POV mindset that thinks there should be a surface
(finish, specular highlights, or whatever) as well as the new subsurface. I
might not have been specific about which surface effects should be balanced
with SSLT.

> Such a thing is still miles away on my agenda.
> [...] And... well, you'll get the point I guess ;)

Fair enough - I see there is more important stuff. I only mention these things
so that they can be put in the appropriate place on a list :o)