POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here : Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here
From: clipka
Date: 4 Apr 2009 05:50:00
Message: <web.49d72b844ee6dd4eae1b72370@news.povray.org>
"Carlo C." <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Really an interesting approach, clipka.
> But *emission* keyword can be confusing to the *emission* media?
> (only in terms of keywords, obviously)

Indeed; so far, I considered the keyword only a kind of "working draft", and I
wasn't sure about it either.

On the other hand, using this particular keyword may actually be of benefit: You
put "emission COLOR" in a media, and the object's interior glows; you put
"emission COLOR" in a surface, and that surface glows. Sounds reasonably
straightforward to me.