POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here : Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here
From: Eriban
Date: 3 Apr 2009 16:55:01
Message: <web.49d677104ee6dd4e81475b100@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> To recap the combined suggestion:
>
> [snip]

Even though my novice vote should not count for much, I just want to
chip in to say that I am in favour of clipka's and Cristian's combined
suggestion. I agree that the meaning of the ambient and emmision statement is
clearly distinct, and both meanings are easy to comprehend. Also, I cannot see
anything awkward in using old textures, defining textures that work in normal
rendered scenes as well as radiosity-rendered scenes, re-rendering old scenes,
etc when this approach would be implemented.

Cheers,
Erwin