POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here : Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here
From: clipka
Date: 3 Apr 2009 07:55:00
Message: <web.49d5f8db4ee6dd4ef708085d0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> clipka wrote:
> > Yup, this is my point: It is the global ambient_light that is the thing
> > originally intended to tweak the ambient of textures globally, not the #default
> > ambient.
>
>   "Originally" is the same thing thing as "correct"?

If there is any doubt about what is "correct", then yes, "originally" is what I
think does tip the scale.

>   And how is it in any way relevant what was the original meaning of
> ambient_light with respect to what is the best way of designing textures
> currently?

In the same way as *any* original meaning of something is of relevance to what
is the best way today: If you can't come up with something significantly
better, better stick to the original because it is prone to be "more" standard.