POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here : Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.7 metals.inc; post your textures here
From: clipka
Date: 2 Apr 2009 12:45:00
Message: <web.49d4eb894ee6dd4ef708085d0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> the oh-so-obvious answer. (As I envision it--probably the same way as others
> here--this 'emission' parameter should be applied to individual finishes--to
> set which ones actually 'illuminate' the rad scene, the others being
> automatically turned off.

Yes, I guess we're talking about the same.

To make it even clearer, I'd define the new parameter in such a way that, for
example, the following three finishes would give identical results in a
non-radiosity scene:

    #declare A = finish { ambient 0.0 emission 1.0 }
    #declare B = finish { ambient 0.5 emission 0.5 }
    #declare C = finish { ambient 1.0 emission 0.0 }

However, in a radiosity-enabled scene (whether it would be classically-lit or
not), only A would glow at full intensity (of course "more than full" intensity
would be possible as well), while B would glow at half intensity and C would not
glow at all.